Menu

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Second Life

To be honest, this is my first time hearing about Second Life. I knew about Sims City though but never try it out before. During the lecture, I was really fascinated by the feature of Second Life where we can be where we want to be and actually feel that we are at that place.

Thus I decided to search for video to explain me more about second life and found this from Youtube.

Can second life be educational? Or can it be used in school context?

I have not explore that much on Second life but if it is possible to build a country in Second life, building a classroom setting would be possible as well. I was thinking, if virtual classroom setting is made and where students and teacher have their own avatar, is it possible that students do learning from second life? Thus I found this Youtube video showing how we can learn Science from Second life. It is very interesting indeed that the structures are in 3D!

1 comment:

  1. Nice finds. But you really have to question the value of recreating a classroom environment in a virtual one when you already have a real one.

    Virtual worlds are great if they are immersive, imaginary, too expensive/dangerous to visit in real life, etc.

    ReplyDelete