Menu

Thursday, October 28, 2010

221110

This week marks the end of the game-based learning experience for all the groups. As I have included my personal research findings and shared links for resources in my previous blog entries. I shall reflect on a vide clip that I have recorded on my classmates enjoying the wii sport for this week entry.


As you all can see from the video, Angela and Justin are playing bowling in wii sport while the rest of their team members are watching and sharing with them the ropes of the game. At the same time, they are filming down the process and encouraging them along the way.

In my point of view, the players are engaged in the activities by pitting against one another. At the same time, they are also trying to best their personal scores by trying to achieve a "Strike" with each attempt. The viewers in this case are also actively engaged in the tournament as they are cheering and sharing their personal tips with the players. There is a lot of cheering and motivating coming from the viewers and this actual help to boost the confidence of the players and make the experience fun. Even if the players failed to get a "Strike", there are words of encouragement and supports from the viewers rather then jeering. The whole experience in this case becomes positive and meaningful for the participants. At the same time, cohesiveness are built though the competition.

I am sure that this is the perfect scenario that all teachers will definitely want to create in their own classroom. The situation where their students are self-motivated and collaborates with one another to form a cohesive environment.

In the aspect of the teaching of art, how do we apply game-based learning. This is definitely something for me to ponder and research before I am able to come out with ideas for my subject. I shall blog about this in my next entry.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your video and reflecting on it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete